Carnival Corporation & plc Announces Upsizing and Pricing of $2.0 Billion Senior Unsecured Notes due 2029, Funding Upcoming Debt Maturities
The Senior Unsecured Notes will pay interest semi-annually on
The Senior Unsecured Notes will be fully and unconditionally guaranteed on an unsecured basis, jointly and severally, by
The Company expects to use the net proceeds from the offering of the Senior Unsecured Notes to make scheduled principal payments on debt during 2022 and for general corporate purposes, including, without limitation, making repayments of our indebtedness, the financing or refinancing of a portion of the purchase price, rental payments, costs and expenses related to certain of our current and future property, plant and equipment (including leased assets and vessels) and their maintenance, repair, replacement and improvements, as well as any other payments related to our vessels' ready-for-sea costs, in each case to the extent such amounts are not covered by the Company's existing and future export credit facilities.
The Senior Unsecured Notes are being offered only to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and outside
The Senior Unsecured Notes will not be registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the Senior Unsecured Notes or any other securities and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
PJT Partners is serving as independent financial advisor to
Cautionary Note Concerning Factors That May Affect Future Results
Forward-looking statements include those statements that relate to our outlook and financial position including, but not limited to, statements regarding:
- Booking levels
- Interest, tax and fuel expenses
- Currency exchange rates
- Estimates of ship depreciable lives and residual values
Goodwill, ship and trademark fair values
- Liquidity and credit ratings
- Adjusted earnings per share
- Return to guest cruise operations
- Impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus global pandemic on our financial condition and results of operations
Because forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are many factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. This note contains important cautionary statements of the known factors that we consider could materially affect the accuracy of our forward-looking statements and adversely affect our business, results of operations and financial position. Additionally, many of these risks and uncertainties are currently amplified by and will continue to be amplified by, or in the future may be amplified by, the COVID-19 outbreak. It is not possible to predict or identify all such risks. There may be additional risks that we consider immaterial or which are unknown.
These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- COVID-19 has had, and is expected to continue to have, a significant impact on our financial condition and operations, which impacts our ability to obtain acceptable financing to fund resulting reductions in cash from operations. The current, and uncertain future, impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, including its effect on the ability or desire of people to travel (including on cruises), is expected to continue to impact our results, operations, outlooks, plans, goals, reputation, litigation, cash flows, liquidity, and stock price;
- World events impacting the ability or desire of people to travel have and may continue to lead to a decline in demand for cruises;
- Incidents concerning our ships, guests or the cruise vacation industry as well as adverse weather conditions and other natural disasters have in the past and may, in the future, impact the satisfaction of our guests and crew and lead to reputational damage;
- Changes in and non-compliance with laws and regulations under which we operate, such as those relating to health, environment, safety and security, data privacy and protection, anti-corruption, economic sanctions, trade protection and tax have in the past and may, in the future, lead to litigation, enforcement actions, fines, penalties, and reputational damage;
- Breaches in data security and lapses in data privacy as well as disruptions and other damages to our principal offices, information technology operations and system networks, including the recent ransomware incidents, and failure to keep pace with developments in technology may adversely impact our business operations, the satisfaction of our guests and crew and may lead to reputational damage;
- Ability to recruit, develop and retain qualified shipboard personnel who live away from home for extended periods of time may adversely impact our business operations, guest services and satisfaction;
- Increases in fuel prices, changes in the types of fuel consumed and availability of fuel supply may adversely impact our scheduled itineraries and costs;
- Fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates may adversely impact our financial results;
- Overcapacity and competition in the cruise and land-based vacation industry may lead to a decline in our cruise sales, pricing and destination options;
- Inability to implement our shipbuilding programs and ship repairs, maintenance and refurbishments may adversely impact our business operations and the satisfaction of our guests; and
- The risk factors included in
Carnival Corporation'sand Carnival plc'sAnnual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SECon January 26, 2021and Carnival Corporation'sand Carnival plc'sQuarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed with the SECon April 7, 2021, June 28, 2021and September 30, 2021.
The ordering of the risk factors set forth above is not intended to reflect our indication of priority or likelihood.
Forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as a prediction of actual results. Subject to any continuing obligations under applicable law or any relevant stock exchange rules, we expressly disclaim any obligation to disseminate, after the date of this document, any updates or revisions to any such forward-looking statements to reflect any change in expectations or events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statements are based.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-announces-upsizing-and-pricing-of-2-0-billion-senior-unsecured-notes-due-2029--funding-upcoming-debt-maturities-301404070.html
Roger Frizzell, Carnival Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org, (305) 406-7862; Mike Flanagan, LDWW, email@example.com, (727) 452-4538